BSA End User Reward Program
Terms and Conditions
Thank you for your interest in the BSA End User Reward Program. BSA offers rewards to encourage people with information about software piracy in the workplace to come forward and to ensure that those reports are as complete and accurate as possible.
Please read the following terms and conditions carefully. They state the details of BSA’s End User Reward Program offer and what you need to do to accept the offer and become eligible for a reward under such terms and conditions.
Terms and Conditions
- The BSA End User Reward Program offer applies only to reports of business end user piracy taking place in the United States or Canada - piracy committed by a company or organization when it installs unlicensed software on computers that it owns or leases for its employees to use in their work.
- It does not extend to piracy committed by individuals installing unlicensed software on their own computers for home or other personal use outside of their employment.
- To accept BSA’s reward offer and become eligible for a possible reward, you must ask to be included in the BSA End User Reward Program at the time you make your report, and you must agree to all of these Terms and Conditions.
- You can do so by completing the online Reporting Form available on www.bsa.org, which requires you to confirm your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Or, if you make your report through our toll-free hotline (888 NO PIRACY), you may accept by asking to be included in the BSA End User Reward Program and then replying to a copy of these terms and conditions that will be e-mailed to you.
- If you make a report without completing a Reporting Form and confirming your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions, you may not later claim a reward for that report.
- Your report must be complete and accurate, including your correct name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and dates of employment (if applicable) at the organization you are reporting, as well as the details of what software is being pirated and how you know this.
- The information you provide must not have been previously known by or reported to BSA or its member companies. You must not have already reported the information to any other anti-piracy organization.
- To be eligible, you must not be the person who installed the unlicensed software onto the reported organization's computers, unless you were directed by your supervisor to do so. You also must not have directed another person to install the unlicensed software, unless you were directed by your supervisor to do so.
- To be eligible, you must not be violating any valid contract or other legal obligation by making your report. BSA may condition the payment of any reward on its review of any contract that you have. You agree to supply any such contract to BSA. If a claim is made against BSA or any of its member companies on the basis that you breached any contract or other valid legal obligation in reporting piracy to BSA, you agree to indemnify and hold BSA and/or any of its member companies harmless against that claim (including their actual attorney's fees and costs).
- BSA reserves the absolute right, in its sole judgment, to determine whether it believes your report is reliable and accurate and whether and how to pursue your or any related piracy reports. You agree that you have no right to contest BSA's determination.
- If BSA makes a determination to pursue your report, you will be notified of this, but BSA is not obligated to provide you with information on the conduct of the investigation or the outcome.
- Throughout BSA's investigation, you must promptly and accurately respond to all inquiries and follow-up questions from BSA's staff and/or its attorneys. You must stand by the details of your report and not contradict it in any material respect.
- Participation in the End User Reward Program does not affect our commitment to keep your identity confidential. BSA will not release your name unless you agree or we are compelled by law.
- The decision to pay a reward based on your report and the amount of that award shall be within BSA's sole discretion. A reward may be payable only if BSA pursues an investigation and, as a direct result of the information provided by you, receives a monetary settlement from the reported organization.
- Payment of the Reward must be consistent with the objectives of the BSA program. BSA reserves its right to deny the payment of a Reward or to revoke the Reward Program at any time, without notice, for any reason.
- If either BSA, a BSA member company or the reported organization initiates a lawsuit relating to the facts reported by the source in this case, no reward is payable to you. In such case and to the extent allowable by federal, state or local law or regulations, and by applicable canons of professional responsibility or similar guidelines, BSA may in its discretion reimburse you for your time and reasonable expenses for submitting the report, responding to BSA's follow-up questions and attending or testifying. Any reimbursement paid will not be dependent upon nor any way connected to the outcome of the case or the content of your testimony, if any.
- Prior to issuing a reward, BSA will determine whether the eligibility requirements of these Terms and Conditions have been met (BSA reserves the right to waive requirements in its sole discretion). If they have been met, then BSA will consider you for payment of a reward. The payment amount guidelines are listed below, although BSA reserves the right to deviate from that schedule in its sole discretion.
|Reward Payment Guidelines
|Settlement paid by Company
||Potential Reward payment
|$15,000 - $100,000||Up to $5,000|
|$100,001 - $200,000 ||Up to $10,000|
|$200,001 - $400,000 ||Up to $20,000|
|$400,001 - $600,000 ||Up to $30,000|
|$600,001 - $800,000 ||Up to $40,000|
|$800,001 - $1,000,000||Up to $50,000|
|$1,000,001 - $2,000,000||Up to $100,000|
|$2,000,001 - $3,000,000||Up to $150,000|
|$3,000,001 - $5,000,000||Up to $250,000|
|$5,000,001 - $10,000,000||Up to $500,000|
|$10,000,001 - $15,000,000||Up to $750,000|
|Over $15,000,000||Up to $1,000,000|